The approximately 100-meter-long
Rosenstraße is located in the northeastern part of the
island of Lübeck, in the Jakobi district. A Narrow passageway just below house number 17 leads from the Rosenstraße into the Rosengang.
A plaque dated 1803, which is located above the entrance recalls
history. The Rosengang was built in 1669 and has been
in its existing development since 1803. It is freely accessible, very
well preserved and maintained and nicely landscaped with roses.
For detailed information, have a look at the book by Rainer Andersen "Das alte Stadtbild. Lübeck.
Geschichte der Wohngänge".